Sunday, November 29, 2009

Natural artist.

Meet Julie Zarate!


By Zuleny


Julie Zarate is one of our Houstonians we are proud to present ya’ll her work is exquisite and it can only get better!

Julie Zarate was born on November 17th 1970 her favorites artists are Diego Rivera, George Yepes, Gustay Klimt, Erte, Aubrey Beardsley, Paul Gaupin, Edgar Degas, Jack Vettriano, Juarez Machado, Edward Hopper, Vincent Van Gogh, Michael Viner, Alexander Calder, Maxfield Parrish, Henri Matisse, Leonardo Da Vinci, Patrick Nagel and Tamara de Lempicka.

Julie is a natural artist and composer of art on paper.
“Since the day I picked up a pencil, I was drawn in. The feel of the lead against paper, being able to create worlds from nothingness, it was a very powerful feeling.” She says.

Mostly self-taught, she’s gathered books on other artists and copied their work,
“When I was younger, I based my success on how accurate I could portray their work. As I grew older, I realized success lay in my finding my own way, my own style, forever my worst critic, I feel I have to yet succeed, but rather than expressing my humility, you be the judge” Julie says.
Within her galleries, you will find the culmination of many hours, weeks, years of her work. Whether influenced by Gaugin, Nagel, Rivera or any artist she’s come across her journey. Enjoy!
Check http://www.etsy.com/shop/six06?page=1 for more of her work which is also available for purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment