Sunday, December 13, 2009

She puts passion in fashion!

From the first time i saw Lizzie, she's always left me stunned with her style, thoughtfulness and cleverness on everything she wears as well as carries herself , so we so wanna introduced you all who's gonna be the sense of fashion in this blog. Boys and Girls meet Lizz.

By Lizz.


When I first read the questions for this article about 2 weeks ago, I have to admit, I read the questions at least 10 times before answering, why? well this was not a myspace survey or a gossip questionnaire you make boys fill out in middle school, this is an article about me my life in less than 20 questions wow, I thought “What do you do? (In the fashion Industry)?” this question made me realized that I’m nothing but a fashion junkie, I thought of this question for about two days, and honestly I’ll do pretty much anything for fashion flx, let’s see, a Vogue and a Nylon magazine over milk and eggs, or a month on Instant noodles for a pair of shoes from Barney's or Topshop.

I do have goals and aspirations I'd like to accomplish as I shop my life away such as having my own clothing line and become a Fashion Consultant/Stylist, but right now I'm just having fun.I think I was 12 years old when I bought my first magazine and I've been Infatuated with fashion ever since, It wasn't until I got out of High School that I realized that my obsession with shoes and clothes could also be somehow a career choice for me and that perhaps I could make money doing what I love; SHOP!

Last summer my boyfriend and I started our own clothing line for boys and girls called FORSa PINK, we had a lot of fun doing so, he came up with designs and I shopped for all the accessories to complement the whole 80's vibe. We put together 3 fashion shows within a year and had an online store where people from all over the world shopped our products, the line was doing really good but it required a lot of work and time, time which neither one of us had at that point in our lives so it became really difficult to continue with it and with hole in our heart we decided to close the site down for a while. Now I spend a lot of time looking at the runway shows on style.com, this season I'm loving everything from Balmain, Herve leger by Max Azria and Alexander Wang to name a few. My favorite designers the ones I will always go back to are Marc Jacobs and Betsey Johnson, I love everything that man does and Betsey J can do no wrong in my book.

It's really inspiring seeing the models walking down the runway with their designs, I can only imagine what that must feel like, which brings me to the next point, I'm working on getting products for a Japanese Inspired clothing line something like Betsey Johnson meets Sonia Rykiel, dresses, shoes, bags and all the good stuff. I am also taking jewelry making classes my lifelong dream is to start my own jewelry line, classes can get hard but while blasting The Strokes always relaxes me any music really, it all depends on my mood.

Apart from having my own line I'd love to be a Style consultant for guys and girls, It’s really important for me to answer girls’ doubts on their appearance, I mean people from all over the planet express who they are through their clothes, so it would be nice is I can help people do so as well . I wanted to be a style consultant ever since I can remember. . I don't want to pick out dresses for girls and tell them what they need to wear or what they should buy. I want to help them find their personal style and develop an eye for fashion, educate them so they don't feel overwhelmed with all the trends out there. Like a little Miss Sex in the City said "Fashion Is not a Luxury Is a Right”

Speaking of fashion, I personally think every girl should have the perfect LBD a great pair of black pumps and a well tailored black jacket, the things one can never (and should never) have enough of are black shoes and jackets. The colors I love the most on myself are black, black and more black, some navy, gray and nude, a punch of color here and there. But you know every one is different and what works on me may not work on someone else. Everyone is entittled to their own style and look, however I’d love to see less Juicy Couture, sweat pants and flip flops and more high heels and edgy outfits on the streets of Houston, TX.

Overall I am really excited about everything in the fashion world and as soon as my line comes out, I will have a website where you can shop and see my work so you can check it out and hopefully give me some feedback.

I would love to see what you all think, for all your fashion questions and for more tips, you can reach me at lizzflores@aol.com I am beyond excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment